São Paulo/SP - Cisco Systems.
- The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for managing media relations and Public Relations campaigns for Cisco in Brazil, one of the main markets for Cisco globally.
- Responsibilities will include managing effective media relations campaigns, creating business and trade media opportunities, handling media inquires and assisting with the development and execution of tactical Public Relations plans.
- The candidate will be required to build up and expand Cisco as the leading company in the ICT sector in the Brazilian market within national media and external key stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, possess a positive team-player attitude and be passionate about technology. Excellent communication, writing and project management skills are key. Past experience includes 5-7 years implementing creative Public Relations programs for technology companies or working in the Brazilian media. Must possess strong organizational and project management skills, and demonstrate ability to pay close attention to detail. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance and counsel to the executive team.
- The candidate will work closely with the Brazilian sales team (Country manager and sales leaders), with the Latin American PR team and with the Corporate Communications team. This role reports to the Public Relations Manager for Latin America.
- Superior writing and editing skills in Portuguese are required, with significant amount of previous writing experience necessary for press releases, blog entries and featured stories.
- Ability to write and speak in English.
- Editorial experience, ability to write appealing articles on technology-based topics.
- Studies in Communications, Media, Journalism or equal higher education.
- Good relationships with business and trade media and reporters.
- Experience within the technology industry.
- 5-7 years experience as PR manager, PR executive in a PR agency or journalist in ICT industry
- Creativity, initiative, resilience and flexibility in time-critical situations
- Experience in working within a global company in an international environment is a plus.
- Working with the Emerging Markets and Corporate teams, develop an implement a Public relations strategy for Cisco in Brazil to position Cisco as one of the most relevant technology companies in the country.
- Main contact with Brazilian media.
- Pitch to media directly and maintain a database of reporters and bloggers.
- Manage News@cisco web site and distribute all press releases in Portuguese
- Planning, organization and execution of communication activities (i.e. Press conferences, interviews, background talks), to demonstrate Cisco’s company vision and mission in Brazil
- Handling of all media inquires
- Monthly report of activities
Interessados devem se candidatar no site da empresa.