São Paulo/SP - SOS Children’s Villages Brazil
- Role title: Fund Development and Communications Director - Brazil
- Location: Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Job title direct superior: Fund Development and Communications Continental Director Latin America and Caribbean
- Salary: Competitive salary
- Staff reports: Support Team
SOS Children's Villages Brazil www.aldeiasinfantis.org.br is an international non-governmental social development organisation that has been active in the field of children's rights and committed to children's needs and concerns since 1949. In 132 countries our activities focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances.
We work on family-based, long-term care of children who can no longer grow up with their biological families. At our SOS Children's Villages children experience reliable relationships and love once again. They grow up in a stable family environment and are supported individually until they become independent young adults.
We also work on family strengthening programmes by supporting disadvantaged families to prevent crisis that can in the worst case scenario lead to place children in out-of-home care. Our family strengthening programmes build on families' and communities' resources, on their ability to organise themselves and on their responsibility for the well-being of the children.
Aim of the position/description of the duties
To ensure the maximum growth by raising funds in the country, reaching the goals without neglecting the fundamentals and the brand of the organization.
Description of tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate the development of national fund development and communications plans and reports, ensuring alignment with the organization’s global strategic plan.
- Provide direct technical support and supervision to facilitate the implementation of the plans agreed, including visits to support regions as needed.
- Ensure that the fundraising team has the required capacity/capabilities and is properly trained.
- Support designing of fundraising campaigns for the recruitment of committed givers.
- Monitor and report fundraising activities based on agreed international Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist in recruitment, selection and orientation of fundraising staff.
- Steer on knowledge sharing activities across the organization including collection and dissemination of good practices in fundraising and communications.
- Represent Brazil in international projects and contribute to international processes (e.g. development of toolkits, events, etc)
- Technical skills in the complete fundraising cycle: e.g. Market research, strategy development; budgeting; donor relationship management and monitoring
- Able to lead fundraising team and work in network.
- Proven project management skills with a strong knowledge of budgeting;
- Able to think critically, objectively, analytically, and strategically;
- Able to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour
- Developing with colleagues, vision and purpose, and translating that vision into practical work plans.
- Strong personal organisational and self management skills. Ability to lead and work in teams.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Able to articulate the work of SOS Children’s Villages with passion.
- University degree
- Minimum 5 years experience and proven results in fundraising.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent English with excellent writing and speaking skills. Spanish is a plus.
- Proven success in managing teams, including coaching and training techniques.
To apply for the post, please send in Word document format and in English a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume in strict confidence by email only to Isabel Leal at firstname.lastname@example.org NO PHOTOS. Please let us know where you found out about the post.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put "Fund Dev and Comms SOS Brazil” in the email subject line.
Deadline for application: 27/June/2011