Nova York/EUA - A ONU está com inscrições abertas para seu programa de jovens profissionais. Na edição deste ano, brasileiros poderão participar. Há uma vaga para profissional com formação em Comunicação que atuará no escritório em Nova York na área de Management. Dentre outros requisitos, é necessário ter menos de 32 anos e ter fluência em inglês ou francês.
O processo seletivo constará de uma prova escrita e outra oral.
Abaixo seguem informações sobre a vaga e como se inscrever. Boa sorte!
These positions are located primarily in the Department of Public Information (DPI) and the Regional Commissions. These positions usually report to an Officer at a higher level, Head of Unit, Chief of Section or Director of Division.
The responsibilities of these positions are likely to include, but not limited to:
- Track, research and analyze information on assigned topics and issues; gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of communications campaigns;
- Draft/compile a specific type or types of information products for target audiences, including press releases, media packets and reports, brochures, briefings, video clips, newsletters, websites, social media content, etc;
- Organize the production, clearance and distribution of information material; conduct research;
- Prepare initial drafts and edits of articles or chapters for inclusion in UN newsletters, periodicals, reports and books;
- Identify and propose information and advocacy opportunities, activities and approaches, taking into account the situation, topic and target audience;
- Identify key contacts and constituencies and opportunities for strategic partnerships to facilitate communication efforts and maintain working relationships with the same;
- Organize, or participate in the organization of, conferences, seminars, special events, press briefings, interviews, etc.; prepare briefing materials for senior officials prior to their participation in such events;
- Respond to a variety of internal and external inquires and information requests; prepare related correspondence and input to reports.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges
- Remains calm in stressful situations
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise
- Is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
Planning & Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Identifies priority activities and assignments
- Adjusts priorities as required
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Uses time efficiently
- A first-level university degree in the following fields: Communication, Journalism, Media studies (including Digital Communication, Digital Media, Media Management) or International Relations.
- No minimum work experience is required.
- Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Applications will be screened on the basis of the eligibility criteria. Only the most qualified will be convoked for the written examination. Only examinees who are successful in the written examination will be invited to the oral examination.