Brasília/DF - The British Embassy invites applications for the above full-time position.
The Climate Change Communications Programme Assistant will work in the Embassy's Climate, Energy and Sustainable Development Team, supporting the implementation of a programme of activities on climate change, green growth and development. He/She will support the day to day administrative work to develop, implement and monitor programme activities (including monitoring and evaluation tasks) but will also have the responsibility of organising seminars and events, supporting international visits and liasing with external implementers.
Essential Requirements: University degree (in Administration/Business or related area would be an advantage); at least 1 year work experience, working on project administration in Brazil; good experience of office management tasks (including financial and budget control). Applicants should also demonstrate an excellent command of written and spoken English and Portuguese; have excellent organisation, prioritisation and communication skills, attention to detail, and be able to work under changing priorities and to short deadlines from an enthusiastic but very demanding team. Previous administrative experience in an international environment would be advantageous. Applicants will be interviewed in English.
Main Purpose of Job
- To support delivery of a programme of activities on climate change, green growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial support: Assist in procurement of goods and services; payment of requisitions, support monitoring and evaluation, including checking balances against requested expenditures and other financial data entry (PRISM). 40 % of time
- Programme implementation: organisation of seminars and events, logistical support to programme visits, incoming visitors and activities included in the programme; liasing with external implementers and government officials. 30% of time
- General management tasks: filing, drafting correspondence, answering enquiries, updating financial and progress reports, translating documents and keeping programme data organised. 20% of time
- Communication: Interface with the Management Section and other partner sections to assure coherent project delivery. 10% of time
- Monthly Salary: R$ 3.928,00 .
- Start date: ASAP.
- One year contract.
Please send CV and covering letter (by hard copy or e-mail) to:
Human Resources Officer (Ref: CC Comms Assistant)
Embaixada Britânica, SES Quadra 801, Conjunto K, Brasília - DF, 70408-900
Closing deadline for applications: 23/april/2010.