Brasília/DF - The British Embassy invites applications for the above part time position.
The Press and Communications Intern will be integral to the Climate Change, Energy and Sustainable Development team at the British Embassy in Brasilia. Under the supervision of the Climate Change Communications Programme Manager, the intern will be responsible for monitoring of press coverage on climate change issues in Brazil; translating press releases and press articles relating to climate security issues; support the communication of UK action to combat climate change and handling press requests; maintaining the internet and intranet sites; writing climate change newsletters; and support the organisation and liasing with the press for high-level visits.
Essential requirements: Candidates must be enrolled in either Communications or Journalism undergraduate courses in an accredited university (from 50% of course); A good knowledge of the media in Brazil and some knowledge of climate change issues. Excellent presentation and communication skills. Communication skills are required in both spoken and written English and Portuguese, as well as strong IT skills (Microsoft Office). The successful candidate will be a strong team player, flexible and a good multi-tasker and be an excellent communicator.
Main Purpose of Job
- To work in the Climate Change Team as a Press and Communication intern, with responsibility for supporting the delivery of press and public diplomacy work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor press coverage on climate change issues in Brazil = 30% of time
- Update the CC Team internet and intranet sites and mailing list = 30% of time
- Writing of climate change newsletters = 15% of time
- Draft press releases and press articles relating to climate issues = 15% of time
- Give support to the organisation and help liase with the press for high-level visits related to Climate Change = 10% of time
About the job:
- Min. 20h Max. 30h per week
- Payment: R$/hours (based on 2 minimum salaries)
- The contract will be initially for 6 months, extendable by a further six months.
- Closing deadline for applications: 5th of April
Please send CV and covering letter in English with two references (by hard copy or e-mail) to:
Human Resources Officer (Ref: CCPI)
Embaixada Britânica, SES Quadra 801, Conjunto K, Brasília - DF, 70408-900
Applicants will be interviewed in English.